VERAX is looking for Senior Data Warehouse Architects who will provide technical leadership to our project teams to successfully deliver mid to large size initiatives in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Provide the overall business intelligence and data warehousing strategy and solution for client engagementsbased on an approach that is holistic, scalable, pragmatic, and effective structuring of analytics, information and data warehousing architecture.
- Understand business needs for analytics, data and information especially in the Banking and Financial Industries.
- Design business analytics solution or ETL solution based on client requirements.
- Develop data architecture (data definitions, data flows, identification of data sources and data consumers, business rules and transformations, and data models) for client engagements.
- Define data management and data improvement processes as part of the overall enterprise data strategy.
- Perform data profiling and data quality audit.
- Produce estimates for data requirment analysis, data analysis and mapping, analytics development and ETL solution design.
- Review and guide the technical team’s deliverables to ensure overall data quality and information structure compliance with the overall data architecture.
- Ensure compliance with business, data, and technical requirements.
- Ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are enforced.
- Provide assessments of architectural risk and mitigation strategies.
- Mentor and coach the technical team members.
- Assist with proposals and pre-sales.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Information Technology, participating in complex projects.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Strong business, data, and IT knowledge and experience in the Banking (retail, capital markets, and wealth management) and Financial Industries.
- Strong skill in Information Needs and Data Analysis.
- Strong Data Warehousing
- Architecture knowledge (e.g. enterprise data warehouse, master data management, data integration, and data quality).
- Strong knowledge in Data
- Warehousing Life Cycle and Data Integration Methodologies (ETL, EAI, and EII).
- Strong knowledge and experiences in both Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling – with both Kimball and Inmon approaches.
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica and SSIS.
- Knowledge of reporting/analytics tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, SSAS/SSRS, and OBIEE.
- Working SQL knowledge in Oracle, Microsoft SQL, or IBM DB2 databases.
- Integration experiences with industry or vendor data models.
- Knowledge in data management principles.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple initiatives and excel in a team environment.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org