VERAX is looking for Senior Mobile Architects who will provide technical leadership to our project teams to successfully deliver mid to large size initiatives in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Provide the overall mobile technology vision and solution for client engagements.
- Define enterprise architecture and IT roadmap for mobile solutions based on the client needs and industry trends.
- Lead and perform technical project work on client engagements.
- Review and guide the technical team’s deliverables to ensure overall quality and compliance with the architecture.
- Help build key business and framework components.
- Ensure compliance with business and technical requirements.
- Analyze, document and manage technical requirements.
- Ensure that enterprise architecture standards, policies, and procedures are enforced.
- Produce estimates for software design, development and testing.
- Provide assessments of architectural risk and mitigation strategies.
- Mentor and coach the technical team.
- Assist with proposals and pre-sales.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Information Technology, playing a lead role in complex projects.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Applied Sciences.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Strong business and IT knowledge and experience in the Financial Industry.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- At least 4 years experience of architecting, designing, developing and implementing business applications for mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Software Development methodologies (Agile, RUP, RAD, etc).
- Strong OO Analysis, Design and Development.
- Strong JEE, SOA & Relational Database experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of mobile application and web mobile development (native and cross-platform development for iOS, Android and RIM Blackberry)
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise applications on mobile channels.
- Good working knowledge of UX design principles for smart phones and/or tablets.
- Good working knowledge of application security design principles for mobile devices.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple initiatives and excel in a team environment.
- Hands on knowledge of WebSphere administration would be a bonus.
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Technologies would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture including Zackman framework and TOGAF.
Please apply to email@example.com